Terms & Conditions - Please read carefully
1. All terms and conditions will be deemed accepted and agreed by the Owner on signing of the booking form and this will constitute the contract between Barking Buddies and the Owner.
2. Prior to any agreed services Barking Buddies will conduct an initial visit so that we can meet your dog and discuss any specific requirements.
3. The Owner must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the their absence. (i.e, food, medication, leads, tags, collars, cat litter etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Barking Buddies, these will be purchased and added to the bil
VACCINATIONS & HEALTH
4. Dogs must have up to date vaccinations and have been de-wormed and treated for ticks & fleas.
5. Any health issues or allergies need to be disclosed on the booking form.
6. Barking Buddies has Public Liability Insurance. However we cannot be held liable for any loss, injury, illness or death of your pet(s). It is recommended that Owners have their own full insurance cover.
7. Should any legal or other claim be made against Barking Buddies or your pet(s) with regard to your pet(s) whilst in the care of Barking Buddies, all costs will be covered by the Owner.
KEYS & PAPERWORK
8. House keys entrusted to Barking Buddies will be securely stored and paperwork relating to your pet(s) will be kept separate and secure away from keys.
9. No personal details will be forwarded or passed on to any third party.
If you prefer keys can be collected from a neighbor or other suitable arrangements can be made.
EMERGENY CONTACT, VETERINARY CARE & FEES
10. The Owner must provide their contact details and an additional name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. Details of the pet(s)’s regular vet must be supplied.
11. Barking Buddies will make every effort to contact the Owner or the emergency contact provided and utilise the services of the regular vet, but reserve the right to make decisions without verbal consent to ensure the immediate welfare of pet(s). This may include taking pet(s) to the nearest veterinary practice rather than their regular veterinarian.
12. The Owner is responsible for any veterinary bills no matter how they are incurred.
13. Payment in full is required in cash or by Electronic Funds Transfer at the end of the service rendered.
14. Cancellations must be notified at least 48 hours prior to the agreed booking otherwise 50% of the cost will be payable.
15. Cancellation on the day is charged in full but will be at Barking Buddies’s discretion depending on circumstances.
16. Barking Buddies reserve the right to cancel the agreement at any time & with immediate effect if a pet(s) does not respond well.
17. Barking Buddies agree to adhere to any specific instructions given by the Owner.
18. Barking Buddies will take the utmost care of your pet(s) to ensure their safety and welfare at all times whilst in our care.
19. Barking Buddies will do everything reasonably within our power to protect pet(s) from any danger and will treat pet(s) with respect and kindness ensuring they have the very best experience.
20. To be taken for walks, dogs must be sociable.
21. Barking Buddies reserve the right to cancel the agreement at any time and with immediate effect if the dog(s) is not responding well whilst walking or giving cause for concern. Any initial payments relating to the walking service will be refunded.
21. All dogs will be walked on lead unless the Owner has specifically requested off lead activities and a disclaimer has been signed. If off lead walking is required we will walk your dog(s) on a lead or long line until we are satisfied that recall is established.
22. Dogs will be walked in all weather conditions but Barking Buddies will apply personal judgement if a walk needs to be cut short due to adverse weather conditions that could compromise the safety of either the walker or the dog(s) e.g. thunderstorms or excessive temperatures.
23. Dogs must have a suitable collar or harness and wear ID tags with owner’s details. Please advise if any specific aids need to be used i.e. Halti, Gencon, Figure of 8 Lead, Dog Bridle, Canny Collar, muzzle etc. These must be in good working order and well fitting.
24. If providing pet sitting services this will include feeding pet(s), providing fresh water and a 20 minute play. Dogs can be walked upon request and at a small additional fee.
25. Barking Buddies will make every reasonable effort to ensure your home and pet(s) are safe and secure in your absence, however we cannot be held responsible for any burglaries, damage or accidents caused by or to your pet(s).
26. The Owner must provide all items necessary for your pet(s) to be adequately cared for in your absence.
27. Barking Buddies takes great pride in the care of any animal in their charge and your pet(s) will be looked after in the same way you would look after them. However, Barking Buddies cannot be held responsible for any loss, accident, injury or death caused to any pet whilst in our care.
28. The Owner must provide all items necessary for your pet(s) to be adequately cared for whilst boarding including bedding, food, medication and any comfort toys that will make your pet(s)’s stay comfortable and enjoyable.
29. Pet(s) boarding with Barking Buddies will be taken for daily walks and the T & C’s above relating to walking should be read carefully.
30. Barking Buddies rely upon the information provided and representations made regarding pet(s)’s health, vaccinations and aggression or threatening behaviour and should be accurate.
31. The Owner will be required to sign the booking form which includes a waiver and disclaimer not to sue Barking Buddies and any of its officers, servants, agents or employees for any liability, claim and/or cause of action arising out of or related to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that occurs as a result of pet(s)’s participation in any of the services they provide.